Thursday, June 11, 2009

People

So the following is just some thoughts I'd scribbled in my notebook.


People.

Here I am in Wake Forest, NC. About to leave for Guatemala on Friday. So excited, so expectant, and so sure God is and will be moving. As I've been out a bit here, sitting in a food court at the mall, meeting beautiful adoptive families, seeing a homeless man walking the sides of the road-all his possessions on his back-on the way from the airport. Checked out i-heart and read a story about a girl who was kidnapped and a sex slave. I am over whelmed by the way God is opening my heart and eyes.

People. It's never hit me in such a way before. People created in the image of God. Every person is a soul. Thinking about that, every face I meet is eternal, created-loved-known by God the Father, Christ died for each one. Oh how the Father loves each! I'm amazed at His Spirit in me, pushing me to reach out my redeemed life and love others with mine. This life is such a gift, such glimpse/moment/flash of what is to come. How I live affects every single persons eternity. Sounds lofty? No. My Creator made and formed each of us, lovingly, for this time.

This life. we make it seem so simple and singular to the self. We are all on this same earth. He has each of us here for a reason. We are "created to do good works," works predestined to bring glory-children,people- to God.

People. soul, eternity, creation, loved, beautiful, needy, spirit. People, there are many to be loved. But there is a Love greater than our numbers or population, and it's poured into us who know Salvation to be poured out again. It's never ending, forever flowing awesome Love.


Hope you got this, I know for me I've never been so over whelmed just by seeing another person. But if you stop to think about, each face you see is something really profound. You are looking into eternity, that person has a soul and a Creator who desperately wants to spend eternity with them. Love is for all people.

Love. People.

No comments:

Post a Comment